The Secrets of Love Story BridgeThe Secrets of Love Story Bridge by Phaedra Patrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Imagine being told you’ll never feel sunshine on your skin ever again. That’s what life is like without her. And every minute and hour of each day, I feel like it’s my fault she’s no longer here.


-Book by author Phaedra Patrick ✔
-Book has bridges in it✔
-Book has beautiful cover✔
-Book has adorable kid ✔
-Book has goofy romantic characters✔
-Book has HEA ending✔

This book checked all the boxes for me. Phaedra Patrick is very good at creating characters that are three dimensional. Even a prickly person is going to have some redeeming qualities tucked inside. The result is characters that ring true and characters that you can care about. It is a simply told story that has more depth that you might expect. There are humorous moments, but it is not a comic novel. I bought this book because I enjoyed The Library of Lost and Found and The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by the same author. I was not disappointed. It was not a literary read but it did give me all the feels.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa