The Secret MotherThe Secret Mother by Shalini Boland

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Who am I now? Not a wife? Not a mother? I have no ambition, no place or real purpose. I screw my eyes shut tighter and slide down further underneath the duvet.


I Love Shalini Boland's books and this one was another hit. I love how her writing leaves you wondering what you would do in a situation like the ones she writes about so well. Even though I had the plot and the twist figured out pretty early on I really enjoyed reading what was happening to Tessa and what she was doing about it.

I thought this was an entertaining but also tragically sad story. It contained such insightful commentary about society and our values and our relationships. The judgments and self-righteous criticisms we often make about other people when we have no idea what their circumstances or situation might be ... really uncharitable and hypocritical as well. I highly recommend this book.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa