The Girl from the Sea by Shalini Boland


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 306 pages
Published June 9th 2016 by Bookouture
(Originally Published September 27th 2016)
About the Book:
Washed up on the beach, she can't remember who she is. She can't even remember her name. Turns out, she has a perfect life-friends and family eager to fill in the blanks. But why are they lying to her? What don't they want her to remember? When you don't even know who you are, how do you know who to trust?


The character of Mia appears a trifle simple and very naive, easily lead and lacking in even basic discernment. And I hate that so many books these days have weak female leads. The mystery was clear and obvious, I had everything figured out, I was just reading to confirm what I already knew.... HA! Don't kid yourself, you know nothing. The ending comes from nowhere. No character is what he or she seems, and the ending is so unexpected and bizarre that it makes Mia's slow processing worth it...it's an unexpectedly interesting read. This novel grabs you on page one and holds on until the shocking conclusion. An intricate plot unfolds slowly at first, but, soon unravels at high speed. Mia emerges as a complicated psychological puzzle.

I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a page-turner psychological thriller. I would've given this book five stars except the writing was lacking a fuller deeper descriptive ambiance and I wish some of the secondary characters had more to do and say during the story. Still, I really enjoyed this novel and I look forward to her next one.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Shalini Boland for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheGirlFromTheSea #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa