No-one Ever Has Sex at a Wedding by Tracy Bloom


☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 260 pages
Expected publication: March 29th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
In Katy’s opinion, weddings should follow some basic rules:
1) No-one should ever have sex. Of course. The married couple has the rest of their lives for that, and the guests should be too busy partying. 2) If you are heavily pregnant (as Katy is) you should obviously not be invited to three weddings in the space of one summer. Your husband’s accident-prone best friend, your attention-seeking colleague, your 73-year-old mother’s marriage to her Spanish toy boy – all without even an alcoholic drink to make them bearable. 3) During the speeches, it should not be revealed that you had a secret one-night-stand with one of the other guests. 4) Instead of laying bets on the length of the best man’s speech, guests should not be laying bets on whether a marriage will be in ruins before the end of the meal. But this summer, Katy is lucky enough to be the special guest at the weddings that break ALL of the rules. What could possibly go wrong?


Okay, this is NOT great literature and won't be winning any prizes. I am not a chick-lit super fan but I needed a break from all those predictable thrillers and this book was it. This is the fourth book in the series and I have not read the others, but it is perfect as a stand alone and is a fun, light read. The characters are relatable and I could see a little bit of myself or someone I know in them. Albeit...a little predictable, like most lighthearted novels, I am okay with that and I enjoyed reading this; it was a cute and entertaining read.

Katy’s is one of those characters that you wish was your real life friend. She is quirky, charismatic, and her troubles are just what any fan of a good chick-lit novel look for in a book. I found myself laughing out loud multiple times between Katy and her secondary character interactions.

The chapters were relatively short, and the pace was relatively fast, making it really easy to keep reading because- "just one more chapter". I also loved the cover, too cute. Overall, this was an enjoyable read. One that I would recommend to anyone looking to quench that thirst for a light read.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Tracy Bloom for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NooneEverHasSexAtAwedding #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman