The Girl Across the Street by Vikki Patis


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 268 pages
Expected publication: March 8th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
You’re hiding a secret that only she can see. Her name is Beth. She came into my life when I needed her the most. We lead very different lives, but she’s the only person who understands me. She was the only other witness to the terrible accident on the street between our homes. The only person who saw the cracks in my perfect life before I had the chance to cover them up. It’s been so long since I’ve had a friend. Someone to talk to, to listen to, to laugh and dream with. Beth would never do anything to hurt me. She only wants what’s best for me, for my marriage.


Sometimes you pick up a story and are immediately just drawn to it, drawn into the story and mystery that is slowly unfolding, to the what ifs and the complete mystery of it all. Such was the case of The Girl Across the Street.

I love something that will not only completely captivate me but keep me on edge guessing right up until the very end. Just when I thought I had it all figured out the author would throw in a twist or turn that would have me second guessing everything and I couldn't of loved it more.

With it's slightly sinister feel The Girl Across the Street will have you eagerly turning the pages wondering what crazy and unexplained thing will happen next. You will be completely wrapped up in the story after the very first chapter, and then a quarter of the way through you'll be OMG! You will become completely consumed with the story.

I wasn’t sure if I’d like it in the beginning, because I found the main characters not very likable. But as I read on, I got to a perfect twist...I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting...that is always a good sign. I slipped into the book easily and just kept reading. Overall, it was well written and I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Vikki Patis for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheGirlAcrossTheStreet #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa