My Sister is Missing by Julia Barrett


☆☆1/2
Kindle Edition, 304 pages
Expected publication: March 14th 2019 by Red Door Publishing Ltd
About the Book:
I'm not the wife you think I am. Jess's sister Stephanie loves being a new mum, and is besotted with her baby daughter Natalie. She's tired and a bit anxious, but that's natural, isn't it? However, one night Stephanie disappears, taking Natalie with her. Jess tries to convince herself that there's a perfectly reasonable explanation but as time goes on and CCTV images appear of a young woman with a baby, jumping in front of a high-speed train, Jess fears the worst. But was it Stephanie? And if not, where has she gone? And what does husband Adam have to hide? In turmoil Jess goes in search of answers, but she isn't prepared for what she uncovers... or for what happens next. My Sister is Missing is an intense, twisted, psychological thriller that will make you question what is real, and whether you really can trust those you love.


Reality, sanity, the line which marked the boundary could so easily become blurred.

This is the first book I've read by this author (Julia Barrett is the pseudonym adopted by Julia Braun Kessler and Gabrielle Donnelly) and I wasn't really thrilled with it. It was an interesting read, fast paced and twisty for sure. I did read it in one sitting, so I somewhat enjoyed it, but the writing was a bit over done.

The plot wasn't a new one, but it kept my interest and it was a very easy read . Even though we go in knowing Stephanie goes missing at some point in the book, it is interesting to see how it evolves and how Adam and especially Jess work through it.

I was going to give it three stars but took away half a star because this was just an OK read, it didn't blow me away or surprise me much. This wasn't an edge of your seat tension read. And while I thought the ending was wrapped up into too much of a neat little package, which I hate, the finale was just too out there for me.

Thank you NetGalley, Red Door Publishing and Julia Barrett for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#MySisterIsMissing #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa