Only Daughter by Sarah A. Denzil


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 341 pages
Expected publication: March 13th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
In one moment, Kat Cavanaugh’s perfect world is shattered into tiny fragments. The flash of her daughter’s yellow dress, the blonde hair hanging across her precious face. Her own heart-broken sob. Kat experiences every mother’s worst nightmare when her only child’s body is found lifeless in an overgrown, abandoned quarry. Desperate to find out what happened, Kat questions those closest to her as she tries to piece together the last days of Grace’s life. But as a darker side to her little girl begins to unravel, Kat wonders if she ever really knew Grace. As Kat is drawn into a twisted game of lies, is she also in terrible danger? And will she be able to unlock her daughter’s final shocking secret? Even if the truth is unthinkable.


I absolutely loved this book, I devoured this psychological thriller. From the very first page I was engaged and eager to know more as I already had questions to be answered. As I got to know Kat and Grace I found I couldn't put it down until I knew the final outcome. Some difficult subjects are covered in this book but they are explored sensitively, respectfully and knowledgeably. It broke my heart to read about Kat's downfall after her daughter is found dead, which just shows the author's skill in forcing me to care so deeply about these characters.

This book was a pleasant surprise. The main characters emotions were hard to read about, and there's plenty of suspense. Some things you will likely see coming, but how we get there is interesting enough to keep us reading. You will be intrigued, you will be captivated and you will be shocked in equal measure as this story hurtles along to the final, breathtaking conclusion. Sarah A. Denzil's Only Daughter is a welcome entry into the genre, I look forward to reading more from this author.

Thank you NetGalley, Bookouture and Sarah A. Denzil for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#OnlyDaughter #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa