Nobody's Wife by Laura Pearson


☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 267 pages
Expected publication: March 28th 2019 by Agora Books
About the Book:
Emily and Josephine have always shared everything. They’re sisters, flatmates, and best friends. It’s the two of them against the world. When Emily has the perfect wedding, and Josephine finds the perfect man, they know things will change forever. But nothing can prepare them for what, or who, one of them is willing to give up for love. Four people. Three couples. Two sisters. One unforgivable betrayal. From the best-selling author of Missing Pieces comes a heart-wrenching story about family, loyalty, and obsession that will have you racing to the finish.


I liked Missing Pieces by Laura Pearson. She has a good, flowing writing style. This book kept my attention, but unfortunately the story does get a bit boring and Josephine and Michael were such a doormats, for the majority of the book, I wanted to kick them. Why was Josephine so wishy-washy, even when she realized that her sister was not really her friend? I think I had higher exceptions for this book and it kind of felt like a letdown to me, especially the ending. There really wasn't a lot of fury or intensity to the novel. It was definitely focused more on being a domestic drama.

And while this book can boast a few surprises, it is mostly predictable. The behavior of the characters is not convincing...no one could be that gullible. So why did I give this novel three stars? First of all, the story was interesting enough. I kept on reading even though I was disgusted with two of the characters. Second, I wanted to see how everything would come together. While the ending was a disappointment and I felt it was hurried and contrived. All in all not a terrible book but definitely lacking in depth, so I decided three stars was fair.

Thank you NetGalley, Agora Books and Laura Pearson for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NobodysWife #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa