The Ingenue by Rachel Kapelke-Dale

🎹 🎹 🎹 🎹
.ePUB, 313 pages
Expected Publication: 06 Dec 2022
By: St. Martin's Press
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:
When former piano prodigy Saskia Kreis returns home to Milwaukee after her mother's unexpected death, she expects to inherit the family estate, the Elf House. But with the discovery that her mother's will bequeathed the Elf House to a man that Saskia shares a complicated history with, she is forced to reexamine her own past--and the romantic relationship that changed the course of her life--for answers. Can she find a way to claim her heritage while keeping her secrets buried, or will the fallout from digging too deep destroy her?

My Review:
I really enjoyed The Ballerinas by this author and was so excited to be approved for this one and let me tell you Rachel Kapelke-Dale did not disappoint. I absolutely loved the format of this book. Each chapter starts with a part from Saskia's mother's book "Fairy Tales for Little Feminists". We then get a few paragraphs from Saskia's teenage years, then each chapter ends with Saskia dealing with her father and her mother's estate following the death of her mom.

What can I say other than wow? This book was so intriguing, sucked me in right away, and kept me engaged throughout. I loved how angst-filled teenaged Saskia was and how well the author had that come across, I felt it viscerally. The #metoo theme was brilliantly put front and center and the character development was masterful. I so enjoyed learning about Saskia when she was a piano prodigy and how she came to be in the situation she found herself in. When we finally solve the mystery of why Patrick is receiving the house, her mother's love jumped from the page. The writing and the plot were both poetic and the ending was surprising and satisfyingly perfect. I can't wait to see what the author comes up with next.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the Advance Readers Copy.

#NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa