The Family at No. 12 by Anita Waller

🏑🏑🏑🏑
.ePUB, 294 pages
Expected Publication: 29 Nov 2022
By: Boldwood Books
GoodreadsAmazon

About The Book:
When Janette answers the door to a potential customer looking to board his dog, she never imagines he has nefarious plans. But minutes later he’s dead and in her cellar. Weeks later she realises she’s pregnant. And so she becomes Mother and the baby Child, and a hidden life begins. But all secrets come out eventually.




My Review:
It is really hard to write a review for this book. Did I think it was perfect? No. It was a bit over the top for me. Did I find it wildly entertaining? Yes. So much so that I read it in a single sitting. I also think the author very accurately described a thirteen-year-old girl who has never seen the light of day outside of her room. She was so unknowing and naΓ―ve, Anita Waller voiced that very well. 

 But then Marta grows up and it turns out she is very smart, artistically talented, and extremally manipulative. I really enjoyed the beginning of the story, before Marta is born and when she is a small child. I even really liked when she got adopted and started her homeschooling, it was fascinating to read about. Where I think the story lost me is when Marta grew into a young adult/teen, the storyline really got crazy then, but for some reason, I just could not put this book down. It was just so compelling and I just couldn't wait to see what happened next. I think for the entertainment value alone this book deserves four stars. I think this would make an excellent movie too. I own Gamble by this author and I can't wait to see what she came up with in that one.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the Advance Readers Copy.

#TheFamilyatNo12 #NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa