My Darling Daughter by J.P. Delaney

👩‍👦👩‍👦👩‍👦👩‍👦
.ePUB, 361 pages
Expected Publication: 15 Sept 2022
By: Quercus
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:
Out of the blue, Susie Jones is contacted on social media by Anna, the girl she gave up for adoption fifteen years ago. But when they meet, Anna's home life sounds distinctly strange to Susie and her husband Gabe. And when Anna's adoptive parents seem to overreact to the fact she contacted them at all, Susie becomes convinced that Anna needs her help. But is Anna's own behaviour simply what you'd expect from someone recovering from a traumatic childhood? Or are there other secrets at play here - secrets Susie has also been hiding for the last fifteen years?

My Review:
This is my third book by this author and I shouldn't be surprised that I liked it so much. My first read was Playing Nice and the second one I read was Believe Me and both were five-star reads for me. And oh boy was this one something else! I literally could not put it down.

There was just something about this family drama that had me glued to the pages, it was like a car crash you can't help but slow down and take a look at. The concept is nothing new; long lost daughter, given up for adoption, shows up unexpectedly. But this isn't your typical family reunited plot. This daughter knows her biological mother's secret and has a dastardly plan to use it to get what she wants.

I wouldn't put this book in the typical psychological thriller category and even though it is more of a domestic drama it did deliver the thrills. It was a bit over the top but in the best way possible and it has a lot of entertainment value. The chapters are short so it amps up the adrenaline and the multiple points of view give the reader a well-rounded look inside the three main characters' heads. The subject matter makes for a complex and emotional read, a very tense one at that. I have one more book by this author to acquire and add to my growing to-be-read pile. 

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman