The Ravenous Dead (Gravekeeper, #2) by Darcy Coates

The Ravenous Dead (Gravekeeper, #2)
☆☆☆☆ 
.ePUB, 225 pages
Expected Publication: 15 Mar 2022
By: Poisoned Pen Press

About The Book:
He'll never let go...Keira, hired as Blighty Graveyard’s new groundskeeper, lives surrounded by the dead. They watch her through the fog. They wordlessly cry out. They’ve been desperately waiting for help moving on—and only Keira can hear them. But not every restless spirit wants to be saved. Sometimes the dead hate the living too much to find peace. As Keira struggles to uncover the tangled histories of some of the graveyard’s oldest denizens, danger seeps from the darkest edges of the forest. A vicious serial killer was interred among the trees decades before, his spirit twisted by his violent nature. He’s furious. Ravenous. And when Keira unwittingly answers his call, she may just seal her fate as his final intended victim.

My Review:
Full disclosure, I have not read book one in this series...but I was able to enjoy it just the same and I plan on reading number one soon because I am pretty sure there will be a book three...please, please, please. I have read other reviewers call this horror lite or a cozy horror and I wholeheartedly agree. This book was very atmospheric and creepy in all the best ways. I wish I had read it earlier during Halloween season as it is perfect for that time of year. I really liked the character Keira and her unique job of helping the departed move on ad I really look forward to learning more about her from the other book(s).  I liked all the minor characters as well and wish there were more information about them as I found them delightfully quirky. This is my second book by this author and I loved it much more than the first. 

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Darcy Coates and Poisoned Pen Press for the giving of the ARC.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa