No More Lies (No More #2) by Kerry Lonsdale

No More Lies (No More #2)
☆☆☆☆
.PDF, 385 pages
Expected Publication: 10 May 2022
By: Lake Union Publishing

About The Book:
Jenna Mason’s life seems perfect: a successful career as an animator, a town house near the beach, and an adoring son, Josh, whose artistic talent looks as promising as his mother’s. But there’s something nobody realizes about Jenna. She used to be Lily Carson, a young mother on the run from a secret no one must ever know. After years of constantly relocating, Jenna concedes to her son’s request to settle down. He wants to make friends. He wants some stability. He wants to feel normal. She convinces herself they’re safe. Until a reporter discovers who Jenna really is, bringing her estranged father to her doorstep. When he threatens to expose her carefully fabricated life for the lie that it is, Jenna has no choice but to run again. But just as she’s about to go off the grid, Josh disappears, forcing Jenna to seek out the one person she never thought she’d see again: Josh’s father.

My Review:
I really loved both Last Summer and Side Trip by this author so when I saw this title I immediately requested it...and then bam...Ooops, I did it again, I didn't read book one because I had no idea this was a series...my fault for not checking first. I was still able to enjoy this book because it focuses on different characters that the first book did. This story had my emotions all over the place with the past colliding with the present. I love books that do the back and forth like that, it makes for exciting reading. I so loved the authors writing style and her fully fleshed out characters that make you feel something for their predicament, even if it is self inflicted. I felt like I really knew these people because the writing really brought them to life for me. I look forward to reading book one and book three and many other titles by this author.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Kerry Lonsdale and Lake Union Publishing for the giving of the ARC.

#NoMoreLies #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman