Before We Grow Old by Clare Swatman

Before We Grow Old
☆☆☆☆ 
.ePUB, 300 pages
Expected Publication: 19 Jan 2022
By Boldwood Books

About The Book:
When seven-year-old Fran first met Will they knew instantly that they were made for each other. For eleven years they were inseparable, but then, at the age of eighteen, Will just upped and disappeared. Twenty-five years later Will is back. Is fate trying to give them a second chance? Still nursing the heart break from all those years ago, Fran is reluctant to give Will the time of day. The price Will must pay is to tell the truth – the truth about why he left, the truth about why he’s back…And Fran has her own secrets to hide. The time has come to decide what Fran and Will really want from life – before it’s too late.

My Review:
I've racked my brain trying to come up with a way to convey my thoughts on this wonderful book. Clare Swatman has created another emotional story. This is a beautiful, poignant and inspiring tale of true love. The fact that it is such a sad novel had me a little shocked because that cover and blurb had me believing it was a romance through and through...and it is but it is also so much more than that.

Heart-achingly emotive and beautiful story, Clare Swatman has surpassed herself with this total gem of a book. Gut-wrenching, tear-jerking, poignant and worth every tissue I went through. Ms. Swatman beautifully manages to balance sorrow, love, humour, hope, hopelessness - oh so many elements - and has crafted a book that made me feel all the things. The journey was heartbreaking, but I was smiling as I read the last few words..Read this and lose a bit of your heart to Fran and Will's story.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Clare Swatman and Boldwood Books for the giving of the ARC.

#BeforeWeGrowOld #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa