My Heart Went Walking by Sally Hanan

My Heart Went Walking
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 254 pages
Expected Publication: 05 Feb 2022
By: Fire Drinkers Publishing

About The Book:
The only man she’s ever loved is seeing her sister. And now they have to save her together. Kept apart by their love for one man, two sisters embark on their own paths towards survival, love, and understanding, until they finally meet again in the worst of circumstances. And the reality might break them all.

My Review:
It is not what we take up, but what we give up that makes us rich.

This was such a heartbreaking story of love and loss. Romantic love, parental love and the love we find in friends. I devoured every single word until the last page was turned. It sucked me in and didn't let me go. The mid-eighties timeline and the Irish setting had my imagination and memories going at full tilt. I loved the rollercoaster of emotions the book made me feel as well.

The story is told from three points of view, over a two year period, and it made me feel like I knew each character personally. I loved reading about Una, Ellie and Cullen and it was like I was watching them grow from emotionally confused teens to straight up strong adults. I am amazed that this is a debut and was so pleasantly surprised that I loved it so much. It was the perfect palate cleanser between morbid thrillers, it made me happy, sad and I hugged my tablet when I flipped the last page. Ms. Hanan you have a new fan in Canada!

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Sally Hanan and Fire Drinkers Publishing for the giving of the ARC.

#IrishFiction #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa