Beneath the Stairs by Jennifer Fawcett

Beneath the Stairs
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 342 pages
Expected Publication: 22 February 2022
By: Atria Books

About The Book:
Few in sleepy Sumner’s Mills have stumbled across the Octagon House hidden deep in the woods. Even fewer are brave enough to trespass. A man had killed his wife and two young daughters there, a shocking, gruesome crime that the sleepy upstate New York town tried to bury. One summer night, an emboldened fourteen-year-old Clare and her best friend, Abby, ventured into the Octagon House. Clare came out, but a piece of Abby never did. Twenty years later, an adult Clare receives word that Abby has attempted suicide at the Octagon House and now lies in a coma. With little to lose and still grieving after a personal tragedy, Clare returns to her roots to uncover the darkness responsible for Abby’s accident.

My Review:
This book started out a little slow for my liking but as I read further on it became more interesting. I found this to be a pretty decent debut and Ms. Fawcett has an amazing writing ability that I would read more of. This was spine tingling and very atmospheric and super creepy. The suspense kept me reading and on my toes looking for clues. I was on the edge of my seat for the most part and my jaw was tense. I loved the triple timeline format and wanting to know exactly what happened way back when kept me flipping the  pages. This is a well thought out, suspenseful drama that blended the psychological with the paranormal and kept me so inthralled that I read it in a couple of sittings.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Jennifer Fawcett and Atria Books for the giving of the ARC.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa