The Family Plot by Megan Collins

The Family Plot
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 272 pages
Expected Publication: August 17th 2021 by Atria Books

About the Book:
At twenty-six, Dahlia Lighthouse is haunted by her upbringing. Raised in a secluded island mansion deep in the woods and kept isolated by her true crime-obsessed parents, she is unable to move beyond the disappearance of her twin brother, Andy, when they were sixteen. After several years away and following her father’s death, Dahlia returns to the house, where the family makes a gruesome discovery: buried in their father’s plot is another body—Andy’s, his skull split open with an ax. Dahlia is quick to blame Andy’s murder on the serial killer who terrorized the island for decades, while the rest of her family reacts to the revelation in unsettling ways. Her brother, Charlie, pours his energy into creating a family memorial museum, highlighting their research into the lives of famous murder victims; her sister, Tate, forges ahead with her popular dioramas portraying crime scenes; and their mother affects a cheerfully domestic facade, becoming unrecognizable as the woman who performed murder reenactments for her children. As Dahlia grapples with her own grief and horror, she realizes that her eccentric family, and the mansion itself, may hold the answers to what happened to her twin.

My Review:
Oh the cover of this book had me right away, I admit it...I judged the book that way. Another gothic vibes read for me, including an isolated house, and I loved it. There were so many suspects at ever turn of the page I changed my mind, much like our narrator and protagonist, Dahlia. The entire cast of characters are a bizarre bunch and I could relate...so much dysfunction...I mean who names their children after murder victims!?

This book was really hard for me to put down, I could help but want to get to the end to find out the reveal. And when I did it wasn't much of a surprise but I really loved getting there and having my mind changed so much about so many different aspects. I would definitely read more my this talented author.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Megan Collins and Atria Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa