Invite Me In by Emma Curtis

Invite Me In
☆☆☆☆
.PDF, 400 pages
Expected Publication: September 2nd 2021
by Random House UK, Transworld Publishers, Black Swan

About the Book:
To those who think they know her, Eliza Curran has it all: two healthy children, a stunning home and a wealthy, adoring husband. No one would guess the reality of her life: trapped in an unhappy marriage to a controlling man, she longs for a way out. When she takes on a new tenant, her life changes unexpectedly. Dan Jones is charming and perceptive, and quickly becomes a close friend to the whole family. But Dan's arrival threatens to tip Eliza's fragile world out of balance. And when someone has as many secrets as Eliza does, the smallest slip could destroy everything.

My Review:
Life is a series of bargains. Battles you win, losses you accept.

I hated Martin right away. He was so possessive and demanding of his wife Emma. Being in a wheelchair doesn't give you free rein to be an asshole and a bastard. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Emma would stay with him, but then as I read on I came to learn she had a secret herself and Martin knew it.

This was a really good domestic thriller with some very intriguing characters, all of which were extremely unlikable, had deep dark secrets and would do anything to keep them unknown. None of the characters in this story had me cheering for them but I couldn't stop reading about them. My only complaint is the usual about most thrillers...not everything was completely believable...but I still enjoyed this.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Emma Curtis and Random House UK, Transworld Publishers, Black Swan for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#InviteMeIn #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman