Every Day in December by Kitty Wilson

Every Day in December
☆☆☆
.ePUB, 300 pages
Expected Publication: August 20th 2021 by HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter

About the Book:
Two people. One month to fall in love.
Belle Wilde loves December. Yes, she’s just lost her job and Christmas is not a good time to find yourself ‘financially challenged’. And yes, her parents are still going on about the fact that she really should have it all together by now. But Belle believes that in December, magic can happen.
Rory Walters hates December. Whilst it looks like his life is together, he’s still reeling from a winter’s night five years ago when his life changed forever. Now back at home, he’s certain that this will be yet another Christmas to endure rather than enjoy.
But as midnight on December 31st draws closer, Belle and Rory’s time together is coming to an end. With a little help from a Christmas miracle could Belle find the one thing she really wants underneath the mistletoe?

My Review:
My first Christmas book for 2021 and also my first book by this author. Belle and Rory glance each other in a hospital waiting room, five years later they see each other again at Heathrow Airport, hence begins Every Day in December. 

The book feels like a real life story because it isn't all lovey dovey and happy go lucky. It was a cute read for the most part though, and I liked that because...Christmas! I was cheering Belle and Rory on right from the beginning, I mean who doesn't like a good friends to lovers story? I liked how it was slow to get going at first, letting the characters take their time, especially Rory. I had the feeling of will they or won't they and that added to my enjoyment.

I really loved the calendar format, like peeking into a journal or diary for the entire month, and I liked getting both Rory and Belle's point of view. My only little niggle was the ending felt a little rushed. Maybe there will be a book II? One can only hope because I'd love to visit with this cast of characters again.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Kitty Wilson and HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa