One Year Gone by Avery Bishop

One Year Gone
☆☆
.ePUB, 391 pages
Expected Publication: August 10th 2021 by Lake Union Publishing

About the Book:
“Sometimes teenagers run away…Give her a few days. She’ll be back.” That’s what the police tell Jessica Moore when her seventeen-year-old daughter, Wyn, vanishes. All signs point to this being true. But days become weeks. Weeks become months. And Jessica begins to fear the terrible truth—that she may never see her daughter again. Then, one year later, when all hope seems lost, Jessica gets a flurry of text messages from Wyn that freeze her blood: mom. please help. i think he’s going to kill me. But Wyn’s terrified plea comes with a warning not to call the police. Her kidnapper wears a badge. As Jessica’s fears are raised again, so are the stakes. Delving into the months leading up to Wyn’s disappearance, Jessica stumbles upon information that could put her own life in danger. With each revelation, the nightmare deepens. Now she must decide just how far she’ll go to bring her daughter home.

My Review:
This wasn't a terrible book by any means but it was way too long. It would have read much better with about a hundred pages edited out of it. The story is one of my favourite formats...two points of view and two different timelines...We have Wyn in the past and her mother, Jessica, in the present...but I had a hard time keeping times and characters straight. I found myself flipping back and forth to figure out where I was and who I was reading about. I didn't figure out the ending but by then I was a little bored and frustrated, plus I was asked to suspend belief a little too much.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Avery Bishop and Lake Union Publishing for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#OneYearGone #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa