The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 583 pages
Expected publication: December 10th 2019 by Crooked Lane Books
About the Book:
In 1991, Heather Cole and her friends were members of the Dead Girls Club. Obsessed with the macabre, the girls exchanged stories about serial killers and imaginary monsters, like the Red Lady, the spirit of a vengeful witch killed centuries before. Heather knew the stories were just that, until her best friend Becca began insisting the Red Lady was real--and she could prove it. That belief got Becca killed. It's been nearly thirty years, but Heather has never told anyone what really happened that night--that Becca was right and the Red Lady was real. She's done her best to put that fateful summer, Becca, and the Red Lady, behind her. Until a familiar necklace arrives in the mail, a necklace Heather hasn't seen since the night Becca died. The night Heather killed her. Now, someone else knows what she did...and they're determined to make Heather pay.


This book was exceptional. Very well-written with great plotting, wonderful pacing, and intriguing characters. It totally captured me, and I couldn't read quickly enough to see what would happen next. I was completely invested in the story and characters. A character driven story is always a winner in my opinion, and this novel delivers on that front. Setting wise, the author does a good job as well. Dialogue between characters is also good as it seems natural, and each voice is individual and believable.

This book gets a lot of credit from me for providing the creeps and chills I was looking for and I really am glad that I was able to read this book and I do recommend it if you are looking for a chilling read. All of the characters and events that went on in this book were executed perfectly and I honestly found myself gasping more than a few times with some of the crazy things that happened. If you like almost paranormal, horror, fantasy I would say you would really enjoy this book. It definitely is unlike anything I’ve ever read before and I feel this was the perfect novel for a fall, freaky read.

Thank you NetGalley, Damien Angelica Walters and Crooked Lane Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheDeadGirlsClub #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa