Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Expected publication: December 31st 2019 by Kensington Books
About the Book:
In the last year, Meg Mackworth's beautiful hand-lettering skills have seen her rocket to social media fame, and now she has a booming business crafting stationery for the stars. But she has a secret: sometimes, she just can't resist hiding messages in her work. Slightly unprofessional, maybe - but harmless. Right? Analyst Reid Sutherland and his gorgeous fiancée had their future mapped out. Until he noticed a pattern in his wedding invitation that made him think twice. When Meg looks up from her desk one day and sees Reid standing in front of her with no wedding ring, holding the invitation she created, she thinks that her career is over. But her life may be about to begin.


I have never been one for mushy romantic books or movies, but I saw the description for this book and thought, why not? At worst it would probably be a cute book, at best it would make me glad I requested it. I feel that this book falls somewhere in the middle of my expectations. It was, in fact, a cute book, but the original concept made it so much more. I always give original writing a chance, and this did not disappoint.

When I saw the blurb for this story I was intrigued right away. The thought of a secret message in a wedding program and a chance of a romance between the writer and the groom!? Yes please! I enjoyed this book very much and I asked for the ARC because I love the idea of the plot and the cover is so beautiful. Overall, it was a quick and fun read with characters who were easy to root for and topics that touched on real things. I also loved the way the characters get to know each other taking you along for the ride.

Thank you NetGalley, Kate Clayborn and Kensington Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#LoveLettering #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman