Photos of You by Tammy Robinson


☆☆☆☆☆
352 pages
Expected publication: February 18th 2020 by Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
About the Book:
When Ava Green turns twenty-eight, she discovers this will be her last birthday. The cancer she thought she'd beaten three years ago is back, only now it's terminal and she's not going to waste any of the time she has left. All she truly wants is the one thing she's been dreaming of since she was a little girl: a wedding. There's only one problem. She doesn't have a groom. Ava's friends and family rally around her to help throw the wedding of her dreams -- without the husband-to-be. As word spreads on social media, the bridal planning goes viral, attracting the attention of a prominent women's magazine. And when a photographer volunteers to help document the whole event, it becomes heartbreakingly clear that it's never too late to discover the love of your life.


This book stabbed me in the heart. The reason I loved this book so much is that I found a way to relate to the characters. Yes, I know, you’re thinking “Wait, what? You related to a 28 year old, who is dying from cancer, wanting a wedding!?” Well, yes I did. Haven't we all dreamed of something we could not have? Haven't we all had to face our fears at one time or another? Haven't we all been touched by death?

This book is filled with love and second chances, pain and healing. As parents we always want to do what is best for our children, but maybe what we think is best, really isn’t. The writing stresses the importance of communication in any relationship, mother/daughter or friendships. I adored this book and love the idea that the author was able to write something outside the box.

Bottom Line: I'd call this book very thought provoking because it made me ask a lot of questions about myself. I was intrigued with the feeling, "what if I only had months to live? What would YOU do with that time? Really gives you something to think about.

Thank you NetGalley, Tammy Robinson and Forever (Grand Central Publishing) for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#PhotosOfYou #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa