The Dare by Lesley Kara

The Dare
☆☆☆
.ePUB, 260 pages
Expected Publication: August 3rd 2021 by Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine

About the Book:
Lizzie and Alice are the best of friends, as close as can be. Until the day when they’re out playing by the train tracks and a childish spat triggers Lizzie’s epilepsy. When she comes to, she finds an unimaginable horror: Alice has been killed. Lizzie is devastated, and as she tries to cope with her grief, she is shocked to find herself alienated from Alice’s friends and relatives, who are convinced Lizzie somehow had a role in her friend’s death. I knew that whatever she wanted me to do, I’d do it. Like that first, dreadful dare. Years later, Lizzie has tried to move on. She’s engaged to a wonderful man and is starting a new life in London. But someone from her past isn’t willing to forgive and forget. And they’ll do anything to pry them from her. Even if Lizzie doesn’t know them herself.

My Review:
Part one of the book was a little slow for me. I did like that the chapters were short, that helped me to want to keep reading and it kept the suspense flowing. Then boy oh boy and I ever glad I kept on because when part two comes round we are in on the secret and what a secret it is! I was completely surprised and that doesn't happen often to me. 

Filled with suspense, this is an astonishing thriller from an already established mystery writer. It's hard to place this novel in just one literary genre, as there are elements of suspense, thriller, coming of age, and mystery. I guess that's why I think this book will appeal to so many kinds of people and so I recommend you check out this wonderful book.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Lesley Kara and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheDare #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa