The Stranger in the Mirror by Liv Constantine

The Stranger in the Mirror
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 326 pages
Expected Publication: July 22nd 2021 by HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction

About the Book:
A woman with no memory…Addison should be happy; she’s about to marry a wonderful man. But something is wrong – she has no memory. Two years ago, she was found on the side of the road, unable to remember who she is.

A husband without a wife…Julian has spent the past two years wondering why his loving wife disappeared. She never would have left her family willingly…would she?

A reunion where nothing is as it seems…Julian finds Addison just in time to stop her marrying someone else. But something isn’t quite right. Who is Addison really? Why did she leave? And what dark secrets are hiding in this marriage?

My Review:
I am really torn with this review, it's time like this when I really wish I could click half stars. I devoured this book but it was REALLY over the top but kinda in a campy way. Liv Constantine is a real hit and miss for me but this one is right down the middle. It was sorta like a soap opera with the amnesia/missing wife plot...it was comical in some ways but I couldn't put it down.

The twist wasn't a big surprise for me but the way the story is told kept me on the edge of my seat dying to know what happened and why but I think there was more that I didn't like than I enjoyed so I am going to round down to three stars. I would still read the next by these authors though.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Liv Constantine and HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa