What She Knew by Miranda Rijks

What She Knew
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 248 pages
Expected Publication: July 18th 2021 by Inkubator Books

About the Book:
Nine years ago, Stephanie’s best friend vanished. Now she’s back to haunt her. Life has been good to Stephanie. Married to college professor, Oliver, with two adorable children, she lives in a lovely house, surrounded by beautiful things. It hasn’t always been like this. Nine years ago, Stephanie’s flatmate Alison vanished, presumed murdered. It was a horrible time, and Stephanie tries hard not to think about it. But when a TV researcher working on a true crime series wants to interview her about the case, Stephanie is forced to confront the past and recognise that she has a deep need to answer one burning question – what happened to Alison? It soon becomes clear that someone doesn’t want her digging for the truth and is willing to do anything to conceal a shocking web of lies. As her perfect life unravels, Stephanie realises that by opening a door into the past she has woken a sleeping monster. And now it’s her own life that is on the line.

My Review:
The last three books I read by this author didn't impress me but the first I read (The Visitors) did so I thought I'd give her another chance. I am really glad I did because I so enjoyed this wild ride. It is a fairly short book at just 250 pages but I flew through them. This is an incredibly easy read because the pages practically turn themselves. I know not everything in this plot is totally believable and the big reveal wasn't that much of a surprise but I loved the journey getting there and the writing just sucked me in. I hated just about every character in this book and somehow that just made me want to read more about them. What does that say about me!? I call this a butt in chair until you are done kinda book. So if you're looking for a thriller that is big on the domestic drama I think you should pick this up.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Miranda Rijks and Inkubator Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#WhatSheKnew #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman