Cages by David Mark

Cages
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 284 pages
Expected Publication: June 1st 2021 by Canongate Books/Severn House

About the Book:
A dark past. A terrifying secret. A deadly game is about to begin . . .Washed-up author Rufus Orton needs money. It's the main reason he takes the gig teaching creative writing to inmates at HMP Holderness. That, and the flattery of prison officer Annabeth Harris, who contacted him out of the blue and begged him to take the job. Annabeth loves Rufus' work. Genuinely. She loves being a prison officer too. But Annabeth is keeping a secret. Fifteen years ago she did something bad, and if it ever comes out, her new, perfect life will be destroyed. HMP resident Griffin Cox has no black marks against his name. He claims he's been wrongly convicted of the sex offence that put him in prison. He's lying. He has a plan – and everything hinges on him securing a place in the classroom with Rufus and Annabeth. It's only then that the game can begin .

My Review:
Bites down so hard on his tongue that his mouth fills with blood. 
God how he hopes it is a taste of things to come.

This book...What the freak!? I have not met a character this depraved in a very long time, And I loved it! I held my breath many times as I read this chilling, thrilling story. Exceptional, suspenseful writing...David Mark is a superb story teller. 

I absolutely assure you this is one of those books you can't put down. It was interesting and twisted and I really enjoyed it. I'm not going to write about the plot because I don't want to give anything away. The characters were well round and had substance, the story made you question things and it really kept my attention because it sweeps you away with unforgettable characters and a plot that carries you throughout with wanting to get to the last page quickly but also wanting to never see the story end...Find a comfortable place to sit because you'll be on the edge of your seat.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, David Mark and Canongate Books/Severn House for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#Cages #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa