Safe and Sound by Philippa East

Safe and Sound

.ePUB, 298 pages
Expected Publication: June 1st 2021 by Harper 360

About the Book:
How is it possible that her body went undiscovered for ten whole months? Sarah Jones, by all accounts, is young, pretty, charismatic and full of life—a good tenant. But after three months go by without Sarah paying her rent, property manager Jenn enters the small London apartment to find a radio is playing, a small dining table set for three, and a decayed body curled up on the sofa…How is it possible that almost a year went by before someone found Sarah? Who has been paying her rent? Who was she expecting for dinner the night she died? Jenn is determined to uncover the mystery but has demons of her own to contend with.

My Review:
I did not like this book, the character of Jennifer was a massive helicopter mom bordering on child abuse. The book itself was very repetitive to the point of rambling and I didn't find it "A masterfully plotted, intelligent and emotionally riveting psychological thriller for fans of Sally Hepworth and Lisa Jewell" as it says in the blurb. 

The ending was a real let down and left me wanting more, the pace was too slow for me and Jennifer was such a whiner she ended up getting on my nerves, so much so that I almost DNF this one. It was only because of the short length that I ended up finishing it at all. Having said all that, this author just isn't for me, many others have enjoyed this book so take my review with a grain of salt.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Philippa East and Harper 360 for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#SafeandSound #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman