All Together Now by Matthew Norman

All Together Now
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 257 pages
Expected Publication: June 15th 2021 by Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine

About the Book:
At just thirty-five, reclusive billionaire Robbie Malcolm is a renowned financial prognosticator, a celebrated philanthropist, and a mathematical genius. Also, he’s dying, which is a fact he’s carefully concealing from the world. As he takes stock, Robbie realizes that his wealth means nothing if he can’t help the people who matter most. So he invites his oldest friends—Blair, Cat, and Wade—to their beloved Fenwick Island on the coast of Delaware to share his secret and to reveal plans for each of them that he believes will change their lives forever. However, Robbie isn’t the only one with secrets. The bonds the friends formed as teenagers still exist, but adulthood has brought a whole new set of complications, like unrequited loves, marriages on the brink, and so much unfulfilled potential. Robbie’s plans may look good on paper, but are they any match for the utter disaster that is real life? As everything comes to light over a wild weekend full of surprises, Robbie learns there are still some things money can’t buy, and a group of friends who thought their best years were behind them realize just how much they have to look forward to.

My Review:
Having read and loved We're All Damaged and Domestic Violets it was a no brainer for me to request Mr. Norman's newest book and I am so glad I did. Like the books I mentioned I ADORED this one. It was so interesting to get caught up in the history and current lives of these four friends. I enjoyed how the author had a chapter from each characters point of view. It really helped me to connect with Robbie, Cat, Blair and Wade. And even the secondary characters were fun to read about.

This book made me feel a lot of different emotions and I loved how character centered it was. These are normal humans with flaws and they make mistakes, some big, some small...but it made them more real to me and it helped my enjoyment of the book. Having such strong feelings about the subject matter and the people in the book is what makes this story great. I applaud Mr. Norman on his ability to write about the human condition so well. The problems the characters are all facing all feel real and true to life. I think we all need friends like the Rejects. 


Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Matthew Norman and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#AllTogetherNow #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman