Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid

Such a Fun Age
☆☆☆☆☆
.ePUB 310 pages
Publication Date: December 31st 2019 by G.P. Putnam's Sons

About the Book:
In the midst of a family crisis one late evening, white blogger Alix Chamberlain calls her African American babysitter, Emira, asking her to take toddler Briar to the local market for distraction. There, the security guard accuses Emira of kidnapping Briar, and Alix's efforts to right the situation turn out to be good intentions selfishly mismanaged.

My Review:
I now understand why this book won the 2020 GoodReads Choice award for debut novel.

This is a very timely story and was such an easy read. It sucked me right in and didn't let go, I managed to read it in a day (stayed up till 4am!). It is a story of class and race but it is also a story of friendship, family and love. I loved the main character Emira and her charge, Briar. How Kiley Reid wrote from a three year old child's point of view blew me away and I adored that little girl. I highly recommend this book and I look forward to seeing what Ms. Reid comes up with next. This was a brilliant debut!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa