Still Here by Amy Stuart


☆☆☆
ebook, 257 pages
Expected publication: August 11th 2020 by Gallery Books
About the Book:
Malcolm is gone. Disappeared. And no one knows where or why. His colleague and fellow private investigator, Clare, is certain she can find him, as she holds the key to his past. She arrives in the oceanside city where he last lived and starts digging around. Not only is Malcolm gone without a trace, so is his wife, Zoe. Everyone who knew the perfect couple sees Malcolm as the prime suspect in his wife’s disappearance. Everyone except Clare. She’s certain there’s more at play that has nothing to do with Malcolm, a dark connection to Zoe’s family business and the murder of her father years ago. As Clare pulls back the layers, she discovers secrets the entire community is trying desperately to leave in the past. As for Malcolm, his past is far more complex—and far more sinister—than Clare could ever have imagined. He may not be innocent at all. As she searches for the man who helped her build her career as a private eye, Clare discovers that many women are in grave danger. And she is among them.


This book is being touted as a stand alone and being from the author's hometown of Toronto, Canada I really wanted to read it. The book was okay as a stand alone BUT I think I would have gotten MUCH more out if had I read the first two books. So if anyone is reading my review and planning on checking this book out....please read the other two books first, I wish someone had told me to.

While reading this book I sometimes felt lost and that is no fault of the author or her writing style. I did feel there was too much going on and I wasn't sure who knew who from the other books. I spent a lot of time going "huh?".

Ultimately, the book was fine but not something that I'd be likely to revisit in the future. If Amy Stuart puts out a proper stand alone I wouldn't hesitate to read it.

Thank you NetGalley, Gallery Books and Amy Stuart for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa