The Perfect Couple by Jackie Kabler

The Perfect Couple
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 319 pages
Expected Publication: May 4th 2021 by Harper 360/One More Chapter

About the Book:
A year ago, Gemma met the love of her life, Danny. Since then, their relationship has been perfect. But one evening, Danny doesn’t return home. Gemma turns to the police. She is horrified by what she discovers – a serial killer is on the loose in Bristol. When she sees photos of the victims she is even more stunned…they all look just like Danny. But the police are suspicious. Why has no one apart from Gemma heard from Danny in weeks? Why is there barely a trace of him in their flat? Is she telling them the truth, or is this marriage hiding some very dark secrets?

My Review:
This was my first book by Jackie Kabler and it was a wild ride. I was really liking the first half of the book and was sucked in by the missing husband plot...But then things kinda got a little crazy and hard to believe....And just when I thought it couldn't get any crazier...It did. But in a really weird way I enjoyed this book, it is not my usual type of thing but I felt a little something for poor Gemma with her missing husband and then being under suspicion for it. How frustrating that would be. 

This book has a lot of twists and turns and there are some very strange characters in this story, some you love and some you love to hate. What I liked most was that I didn't figure out the who or why but I did know what the epilogue was gonna be before it happened. I wonder if Ms Kabler is going to write a book two about this? I would read it, just to see how Gemma and her family is doing in the future.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Jackie Kabler and Harper 360/One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#ThePerfectCouple #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa