Only You by Cathryn Grant

Only You
☆☆☆1/2
.ePUB, 270 pages
Expected Publication: May 2nd 2021 by Inkubator Books

About the Book:
Hadley is one of those rare people who feels she's living the perfect life. She has a husband she loves, a charming daughter, and a job that is deeply fulfilling. Sometimes it almost seems like a fairytale. Then, little by little, things start to go wrong. There's the creepy guy from down the street who keeps staring at her teenage daughter, there's the strangely needy woman who moves in next door…Just little wrinkles, but then Hadley's world is turned upside down when someone close to her is murdered. And Hadley begins to suspect that the killing is linked to something from her own past. A terrible secret she has never shared with anyone…As she digs deeper, Hadley realises there is someone out there who knows what she did, someone who is planning to take her perfect life - and turn it into a perfect nightmare.

My Review:
I really enjoyed The Other Couple by this author so I thought I'd give this one a go. I want to start off with the positives and say I really liked the writing, the plot was unique and I liked most of the characters I was supposed to like. The book was very readable in the fact that I kept turning pages...and that ending/epilogue was amazing and turned the whole enjoyment of the book around for me up a notch.

Now for the negatives. I HATED the Camille/Chlementine chapters and thought they were absolutely unnecessary. A lot of the book was really impossible to believe and the author is really expecting reader to suspend belief a lot. I have a hard time with that. I did enjoy the book for the most part and I would recommend it to people who are looking for a "who" and "why" that isn't exactly thrilling but very suspenseful and keeps you turning pages...I read this in a day.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Cathryn Grant and Inkubator Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#OnlyYou #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman