Close to You by Kerry Wilkinson


☆☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 911 pages
Published October 17th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
I pinch the screen to zoom until I’m staring at the face of a ghost. A man with very short hair, staring directly at the camera with piercing brown eyes. He is as he was when I last saw him: wrinkles around the corners of the eyes and a knowing smirk. That’s the expression I see when I can’t sleep. My body tenses. It can’t be him. It’s not my ex-husband. It’s not David. I know that better than anyone because he didn’t walk out on me. He didn’t disappear two years ago and he’s not a missing person. I know that for a fact because I’m the one who killed him.


This was quite the interesting story and I couldn't put it down so read in one sitting. The narrative shifts back and forth in time...The Now...The Why. The characters were all quite complex and no doubt you will have your favourites while others will try your sympathy. Since the revelations come slowly, you'll need some patience to get through some of the sections to get at the truth. I found the suspense quite fascinating and I liked the writing style.

The emotions of the characters were raw, relate-able and well developed. The plot was dark and surprising, yet completely logical. The setup was done very well. I had not anticipated the ending, and yet, it made perfect sense. Good character development as well. Kerry Wilkinson has yet another hit on his hands. Although he is a well established writer this is my first book by Mr. Wilkinson, but you can bet it won't be my last. I was truly impressed.

Thank you NetGalley, Kerry Wilkinson, and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#CloseToYou #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa