I Will Make You Pay by Teresa Driscoll


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 320 pages
Published October 10th 2019 by Amazon Publishing UK
About the Book:
Every Wednesday, like clockwork, the terror returns. It seems like an ordinary Wednesday, until the phone rings. A mysterious caller with a chilling threat. Journalist Alice Henderson hangs up, ready to dismiss it as a hoax against the newspaper. But the next Wednesday, the stalker makes another move—and it becomes clear that this is all about Alice. Someone wants her to suffer, but for what? Her articles have made her a popular local champion—could it be her past rather than her work that’s put her life in danger? Alice is determined not to give in to fear, but with the police investigation at a dead end, her boyfriend insists on hiring private investigator Matthew Hill. With every passing Wednesday the warnings escalate, until it’s not only Alice but also her family in the stalker’s sights. As her tormentor closes in, can Alice uncover what she’s being punished for before the terrifying threats become an unthinkable reality?


I Will Make You Pay is an edge of your seat mystery that keeps the reader guessing from the beginning. The book is wonderfully written and the descriptive style paints a picture that is both dark and eerie. Nothing is quite as it seems in this one and the twists just keep coming. There is something sinister about this cat and mouse game. With so many questions throughout the story, it is impossible to give details without spoilers, but I will say that all is revealed in the end and the journey is quite riveting. It takes a lot to impress this jaded reader, but I found myself paying attention to those little pieces of info squeezed out bit by bit, and savored every minute of it.

My curiosity was piqued from the start and I kept changing my mind about the culprit. The highlight of this book for me was that I could not figure out what was going on and when I thought I had things figured out close to the ending, the author threw in a little curve ball to keep things interesting. This one certainly fits well into the thriller genre, and is only my second book by Ms. Driscoll, I really enjoyed them both. I will be checking out more of this author's work.

Thank you NetGalley, Teresa Driscoll and Amazon Publishing UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#IWillMakeYouPay #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa