The Last Letter from Juliet by Melanie Hudson


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 400 pages
Published August 23rd 2019 by Harper Impulse, Killer Reads and One More Chapter
About the Book:
A story of love not a story of a war. A daring WWII pilot who grew up among the clouds, Juliet Caron’s life was one of courage, adventure – and a love torn apart by war. Every nook of her Cornish cottage is alive with memories just waiting to be discovered. Katherine Henderson has escaped to Cornwall for Christmas, but she soon finds there is more to her holiday cottage than meets the eye. And on the eve of Juliet’s 100th birthday, Katherine is enlisted to make an old lady’s final Christmas wish come true.


The whole time I was reading this book I kept thinking of Juliet looking like this...
I am a big Bette Davis fan and for some reason, while I was reading about Juliet and Edward (starting in 1938), I kept picturing and hearing Ms. Davis and Gary Merrill in all about Eve.
I absolutely loved this book. I am always looking for stories like this, it is so different. It is filled with wonder, mystery to an extent, and so much heartbreak. It was a real tearjerker. The characters are so real that I felt I knew them all and the Juliet character actually broke my heart throughout. Poor Juliet is turning 100 and wants nothing more than to fly in her airplane but everyone thinks she is too old for such a thing.
This is another heartfelt and beautifully written story from Melanie Hudson​. I couldn't wait for this book to come out, and it was certainly worth the wait. Once again, Ms. Hudson has crafted a cast of characters you can't help but care for, and a story that is at once heartbreaking and hopeful, raw and tender. I devoured every lovely page. I am not going to go into any further detail other than to recommend this to you. I am sure you will love it as much as I did.
Thank you NetGalley, Melanie Hudson, Harper Impulse, Killer Reads and One More Chapter for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa