Date Night by Samantha Hayes


☆☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 350 pages
Published August 20th 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
Returning early from a disastrous date night with my husband, I know something is wrong the moment the wheels crunch the gravel drive of our home. Inside, the TV is on and a half-eaten meal waits on the table. My heart stops when I find our little girl is alone in the house and our babysitter, Sasha, is missing. Days later, when I’m arrested for Sasha’s murder and torn away from my perfect little family, I’ll wish I had told someone about the threatening note I received that morning. I’ll hate myself for not finding out who the gift hidden inside my husband’s wardrobe was for. I’ll scream from the rooftops that I’m innocent – but no one will listen. I will realise I was completely wrong about everything that happened that night. But will you believe me?


Date Night is a fast-paced, gripping domestic thriller that hooked me from the first pages and never let go until the stunning ending. There were so many twists and turns that I was always kept guessing. Just when I thought I had figured it all out, a new revelation proved me wrong. I don’t want to say much at all about the story because part of the beauty of this read for me was having no preconceived notions about the characters or the plot. There is plenty of action and suspense in this emotionally-charged and unpredictable story. I really enjoyed this riveting book and highly recommend it.

This is absolutely the best domestic thriller that I have read in a long time. This book is like a runaway train; you get your ticket and you just can’t believe how wild the ride is. Fans of domestic thrillers absolutely have to read this book. I gasped over the revelations at the end, and closed the book with a sigh, wishing that the thrill ride were not over yet.

If you’re a mystery/thriller fan like I am, Date Night is an absolute must read. My best advice is to go in as blind as possible. Samantha Hayes has brilliantly created a riveting story-line that you will not be able to put down. I have never read Samantha Hayes prior, but consider me 100% wowed. I am in awe how well thought-out the plot for the novel is, I cannot get these characters out of my head. Date Night is a five star gem and I am so excited to dive into all of Ms. Hayes other novels, she has a new fan and this book is most definitely on my 2019 favorites list.

Thank you NetGalley, Samantha Hayes and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#DateNight #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa