The Angel in my Well by Kevin Ansbro

👼👼👼👼👼
.ePUB, 91 pages
Publication Date: 1 April 2015
By: 2QT Limited (Publishing)
Goodreads | Amazon

About The Book:
Joe Bonnard is a 26-year-old photographer with an enthusiastic circle of friends: he is still coming to terms with the death of his favourite grandmother when a beautiful celestial being gatecrashes his one-man pity party. Imran Aziz has been afforded opportunities his parents could only have dreamed of, but he has gradually alienated himself from friends and family, incensed by Western antagonism of Muslims. Each man is about to embark on his own life-changing date with destiny. Each wishes for a love that transcends life, itself. My Review:



My Review:

Having read both Kinnara and In the Shadow of Time by this author, I am convinced he is the king of magical realism. This one is about finding love, fate, and faith. Mr. Ansbro seems to always strike the right balance between fantasy and reality and this book is no exception. Whenever I read one of Kevin Ansbro's stories it is always the characters that strike me the most. I loved Joe's gran so much. She reminds me of my mother who also saves ketchup packets from take-out restaurants. And the fact she mentioned watching him rumpy bumpy or having a poo had me falling off the chair laughing.

I enjoyed reading both Joe's and Imran's storylines, Imran's is much more serious than Joe's but in the end, the stories come together in a surprising way. The author writes from the heart and I wasn't surprised at all to find he was inspired by his own mum and grandmother, I bet they're really proud. All. The. Stars.

This title is currently available for purchase.

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa