Ten Years by Pernille Hughes

Ten Years
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
.ePUB, 333 pages
Expected Publication: 31 August 2022
By: HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter
Amazon | Goodreads

About The Book:
Becca and Charlie have known each other since university. Becca and Charlies have also hated each other since university. Until now. Until Ally’s bucket list. The death of their loved one should mean they can go their separate ways and not look back. But completing the list is something neither of them can walk away from. And sometimes, those who bring out the worst in you, also bring out the very best…Over the course of ten years, Becca and Charlie’s paths collide as they deal with grief, love and life after Ally.

My Review:
This was a very emotional book, I felt sadness, joy, and anger while reading it. The premise of a woman's fiancé and her best friend completing her bucket list, after her death, was a fun way to do the old enemies to lovers trope and I was so here for it. You could feel both Charlie's and Becca's love for Ally throughout the book and there was certainly plenty of chemistry and I was definitely cheering them on.

I loved the growth of both characters throughout BUT Becca finally won out. I didn't like her very much at first but by I ended up feeling like she could be my friend. That speaks well to the author's ability to provide character development. 

Both Charlie and Becca were very realistic in their behaviour, internal dialogue, and feelings towards one another. What surprised me most is how well I got to know Ally through the people who mattered to her most, this is a character that is dead so that's very impressive. For a book with such a melancholy plot, it was quite funny and hopeful. 

Disclosure:
Many thanks to NetGalley, HarperCollins UK, One More Chapter, and Pernille Hughes for the giving of the ARC.

#TenYears #NetGalley

My Reviews Can Also Be Found On:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa