The Dream House by Jess Ryder


☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 338 pages
Published June 21st 2019 by Bookouture
About the Book:
It’s everything she’s ever wanted …
When I first set eyes on Westhill House with its breath-taking views of the sea I knew Jack and I could make this our forever home. It may be falling apart with an overgrown garden, but with some tender loving care, we can repair this beautiful building and perhaps our relationship too. But the more time I spend renovating our new house, the more time Jack is spending at work. At least Lori is here to keep me company. She has her own troubles yet she always listens to mine. She’s helping to restore the house, uncovering its secrets one by one. Like the children’s drawings under the wallpaper in the back bedroom. The hidden papers underneath the floorboards in the turret room. And the fact that Westhill House is a place women used to go to feel safe. Lori seems to know a lot about Westhill House. The question is, why?


This book had me intrigued right from the beginning. There were many points of view and there were also two time-lines. I really enjoyed reading the "THEN" part of the book and the "NOW" part had many twists and turns and there was nothing that I guessed correctly, I seriously had no idea what was going on. And that is not a good thing.

I did like that the book kept me guessing and that kept me reading. The writing was very well done and Jess Ryder certainly knows how to keep a reader in suspense. I loved the idea of the plot line and the story itself but when I got to the ending I was like "what just happened here?" It didn't make a lot of sense, to me, in the end and it really fell flat. I would read more of this author's work, for sure. He does have a knack for writing and I did enjoy 3/5ths of the book.

Thank you NetGalley, Jess Ryder, Hogarth and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheGuest #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman