I'll Never Tell by Catherine McKenzie


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 368 pages
Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Simon & Schuster Canada
About the Book:
What happened to Amanda Holmes? After the sudden death of their parents, the MacAllister children return to the run-down summer camp where they spent their childhood. The four sisters and their elder brother haven’t all been together at Camp Macaw in over twenty years—ever since a tragic and mysterious accident. Over the course of the Labour Day weekend, the siblings must determine what to do with the property, now worth millions. But a stunning condition of their father’s will compels them to face their past—and come to a decision that threatens to tear them apart forever. A sharp and engrossing novel of suspense, I’ll Never Tell reveals what happens when the secrets and lies that hold a family together are finally exposed.


I love supporting Canadian authors, especially when they write as well as Catherine McKenzie does. Told from multiple points of view, this is an amazing read. I like a lot about Ms.McKenzie's writing, her descriptions of places add a lot to the stories and she makes some very astute observations about people and their motivations.

This is a suspenseful, intriguing story with lots of twists and turns. With an interesting cast of characters, though they are hard to like or even care about. It was entertaining to fit the puzzle pieces together to try and figure out who is the culprit. The author takes us on a roller coaster ride of twists and turns that are filled with betrayals and dark family secrets, that many wanted to stay buried, but it makes for such an enjoyable read.

I really enjoyed this mystery, I liked not being able to fully trust the narrators. I also enjoyed the ending, it tied the book up nicely but was not what I was expecting. I would recommend this book to anyone, I really liked it. I intend to read all of Ms. McKenzie's works...and you should too.

Thank you NetGalley, Catherine McKenzie and Simon & Schuster Canada for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa