My Husband's Fiancee by Wendy Owens

My Husband's Fiancee
☆☆☆☆ 
.ePUB, 207 pages
Expected Publication: 09 November 2021
By OrangeWillow Publishing

About The Book:
When my husband’s mistress was found brutally murdered, I was the one imprisoned for the crime. I was willing to do whatever it took to prove my innocence. When Dr. Evelyn Powell showed up on visiting day, I was shocked to learn she was my husband’s new fiancé. I befriended her in hopes of finding answers to my questions. Was my husband behind the brutal slaying? If I wanted to regain my freedom, I had to figure out a way to convince Evelyn to betray the man she loved and search for the evidence that would prove my innocence. After all, if I was right about my husband, she could be his next victim.

My Review:
This is my first read by this author and it was quite the page turner. I was able to read this in one sitting, it is a short book at just 207 pages on my tablet but I was enthralled from start to finish. I felt invested in this story right away and immediately felt bad for Liz. She lost a baby, found out her husband is having an affair, planned to kill his pregnant mistress (claims she didn't) and when the mistress ends up dead she ends up paying the price for it. Then along comes her husband's fiance, Evelyn. (yes you read that right) he's already engaged and divorce proceedings haven't even started yet. Evelyn decides to take matters into her own hands and visits Liz in jail with the divorce papers! That's when things get really interesting as Liz has a plan, Make Evelyn listen to her story and maybe she'll realize how dangerous Nathan really is and earn her freedom at the same time.

This book was so fast paced it made my head spin...in a good way! It is told from the first person point of view of Liz herself and it is also part epistolary novel as there are letters back and forth. (I loved that) I did figure it out before the halfway mark but it didn't ruin my enjoyment one bit. I loved all the internal dialogue as it made me feel like I was right inside the characters head. The ending was a "wait...what just happened!?" kind of moment but I am hoping there is a book two, and I don't like books that are in a series so it goes to show how much I liked this one. Highly recommend.

Disclosure:
With many thanks to NetGalley, Wendy Owens and Victory Editing NetGalley Co-op for the giving of the ARC.

#MyHusbandsFiancée #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman