The Sweet Taste of Muscadines by Pamela Terry

#TheSweetTasteofMuscadines #NetGalley
☆☆☆☆
.ePUB, 298 pages
Expected Publication: March 16th 2021 by Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine

About the Book:
Lila Bruce Breedlove never quite felt at home in Wesleyan, Georgia, especially after her father’s untimely demise when she was a child. Both Lila and her brother, Henry, fled north after high school, establishing fulfilling lives of their own. In contrast, their younger sister, Abigail, opted to remain behind to dote on their domineering, larger-than-life mother, Geneva. Yet despite their independence, Lila and Henry know deep down that they’ve never quite reckoned with their upbringing. When their elderly mother dies suddenly and suspiciously in the muscadine arbor behind the family estate, Lila and Henry return to the town that essentially raised them. But as they uncover more about Geneva’s death, shocking truths are revealed that overturn the family’s history as they know it, sending the pair on an extraordinary journey to chase a truth that will dramatically alter the course of their lives. The Sweet Taste of Muscadines reminds us all that true love never dies.


My Review:
I really enjoyed this book because I love southern fiction and family drama. Pamela Terry has great character development with the right combo of love, loss, growth and change. I love the way the author describes every detail so well, it’s very easy to imagine everything in your mind (especially the foliage)....The descriptions had me picturing Georgia, which I have visited many times.

I was so pleased while reading this family's story. The people became my friends as I read. Some authors write just above my head, but this author wrote a family story which ended with me wanting to read more and become friends with the Bruce clan. I connected easily to the story, characters and loved every page.

Disclosure:
Thank you NetGalley, Pamela Terry and Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheSweetTasteofMuscadines #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa