Amazon Original Stories: Hush Collection


  Snowflakes (Hush collection)Snowflakes by Ruth Ware
 My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

With vibes of The Village by M. Night Shyamalan this is the kind of story that will make you think. The reader is never quite sure what will be over that wall and that is what makes this short story so great. I felt for most of the characters and was pleased with the happy ending.

The Gift (Hush collection)The Gift by Alison Gaylin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, this was a pretty powerful read as a short story and it had me enthralled from beginning to end and I was totally surprised by the twist...I didn't see it coming. I've only read one book by Alison Gaylin but after enjoying this story so much I will have to check out more. I highly recommend this one...my favourite of the collection so far.

Treasure (Hush collection)
Treasure by Oyinkan Braithwaite
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Oh this was not for me. I couldn't get past the Nigerian language (slang?). I know the dangers of social media is a timely topic but I couldn't care for the characters and did not enjoy the writing style at all. Disappointing for sure.

Slow Burner (Hush collection)Slow Burner by Laura Lippman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well oh my gosh, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and all that. Laura Lippman is a master (short) story teller. I had such sympathy for Liz and absolutely hated Phil and HW. How does a writer mange to provoke such feelings in a thirty-three page story!? Oh, Phil. You’re being played. Can’t you see?  No dear reader, we are being played and Laura Lippman got me good! All the stars.

  Let Her Be (Hush collection)

Let Her Be by Lisa Unger
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh Lisa Unger you never cease to amaze me. This is a short story done absolutely right. I loved the poetry peppered throughout the story as well. The ending was sublime and surprised me to no end. Well done!


Buried (Hush collection)Buried by Jeffery Deaver
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Meh. I am not a Deaver Fan, detective or investigational journalism isn't my thing. This isn't a bad story and the writing isn't horrible I am just the wrong reader. I tried something that's not my usual thing and a short story is the best way to do that. I do like these Amazon Originals though!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa