You and Me by Nicola Rayner


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 296 pages
Expected publication: October 1st 2020 by Avon Books UK
About the Book:
Watching sunrises together should have been romantic. But you were always inside with your wife, and I sat in your garden, in the shadows. I thought you’d never know how I felt about you. Until one night, I witnessed a terrible crime. I wanted it to bring us closer together. But now the secrets are tumbling out. And they could tear everything apart…


Oh this is such a slow burner of a book, in the best way possible. Then all of a sudden you're half way through and it takes off. This book was everything I hoped it would be, great writing, lots of suspense, excellent characters, family drama, old school mean girls/boys...the list goes on!

The characters were well-developed and easy to envision. I was drawn into the story and there were enough unanswered questions to keep me hooked. The book is told in the first person point of view of the main character, Fran and the author really made you feel for her...the ugly duckling with the low self esteem, who is extremely intelligent.

This is my first book by Nicola Rayner but the title and blurb of this one caught my eye and I was intrigued. I wasn’t disappointed as it was a great story from start to finish. I wouldn't call this a thriller more of a psychological drama but still such a fabulous story, it will have your emotions on high alert. The characters and story-line are beautifully crafted making this one fascinating book. I’ll be keeping an eye out for more of this author's works.

Thank you NetGalley, Nicola Rayner and Avon Books UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#YouAndMe #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa