Nightingale House by Steve Frech


☆☆☆☆
ebook, 247 pages
Expected publication: June 19th 2020 by HQ Digital
About the Book:
The Nightingale House is a new beginning for widower Daniel Price and his young daughter Caitlyn. After months of grief, this will be the place where they start their life as a family of two. But something is wrong—Daniel can’t settle. There’s an odd, cold feeling in the master bedroom, and a mysterious dripping noise that seems to move from room to room. Whispers of I can’t sleep echo through the corridors, long into the night. And then Daniel uncovers the chilling story of the family who lived in the house years before, of betrayal, tragedy, and murder. Could the Nightingale House be not the home Daniel dreamed of for his daughter—but a place that will bring their worst nightmares to life?


The skin on my arm ripples with goosebumps. There’s a sound. Breathing. It’s quiet but intense. I look around but it’s only me down here. I clear more debris from the hole. The breathing continues to grow. I grab the shovel and drive the spade into the ground.

This book is another fine horror tale with a sprinkling of the paranormal, and the short chapters are indicative of the overall fast pace of the story. The house itself seemed to be a character in it's own right. This book grabbed my attention in the beginning and held me hostage until the The last page was read. The plot and subplots were well thought out and well presented. The characters came alive and jumped off the pages. I love a book that I just cannot put down once I have started it and this was one of those, I was up all night reading it.

Just when you think you have it figured out, something else would happen and you would have to start second-guessing yourself. I was often breathless with anticipation and felt chills running up and down my spine. The climax was perfect and it gave me goosebumps.

Thank you NetGalley, Steve Frech and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#NightingaleHouse #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa