The Likely Resolutions of Oliver Clock by Jane Riley


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 308 pages
Published February 1st 2020 by Amazon Publishing UK
About the Book:
Oliver Clock has everything arranged just so. A steady job running the family funeral parlour. A fridge stocked with ready meals. A drawer full of colour-coded socks. A plan (of sorts) to stay trim enough for a standard-sized coffin. And in florist Marie, he’s even found the love of his life—not that she’s aware of it. When a terrible tragedy takes Marie out of his life but leaves him with her private journal, he discovers too late that she secretly loved him back. Faced now with an empty love life, a family funeral business in trouble, a fast-approaching fortieth birthday and a notebook of resolutions he’s never achieved, Oliver resolves to open himself up to love—and all the mess that comes along with it. But, with a habit of burying his feelings, can he learn to embrace his lovability and find the woman who will make him feel whole?


I couldn’t stand the way she bought tissue holders, as if covering them in gauche floral boxes would disguise what they really were – snot receptacles for the grieving.

I saw the cover of this book and thought...Oh I have to request it. While I’d never choose a book solely based on its cover, this one drew me in. It makes me think of that kind of crap day that turns into a week, then a month, then a year.

Oliver Clock has been the poor recipient of many bad days. He’s a bit of a loner and haunted by the memories and regrets of dearly departed Marie. When he befriends a new coworker he feels a change inside, what is this feeling? When work and other life events collide it seems his long time yearning may finally be fulfilled.

I would compare this to Eleanor Oliphant (WHICH I LOVED). I see the similarities, BUT I wouldn’t directly compare the main characters, although I think if you enjoyed that story you will definitely enjoy this one. Dark but humorous, I didn’t feel like I had to read this book I wanted to read it. I often found myself not wanting to put it down and thought it was a quick read. I would for sure add this to your reading list if you enjoyed Eleanor Oliphant or A Man Called Ove, and this book will definitely make you appreciate the life and connections you have.

Thank you NetGalley, Jane Riley, and Amazon Publishing UK for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#TheLikelyResolutionsOfOliverClock #NetGalley

Comments

  1. Did you realize there's a 12 word sentence you can tell your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and impulsive appeal to you deep inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, adore and protect you with his entire heart...

    ===> 12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him try harder than before to to be the best lover he can be.

    Matter of fact, fueling this influential impulse is absolutely important to having the best ever relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him expose his heart and mind to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he'll see you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa