It Started with a Miss by Lara Golden


☆☆☆1/2
ebook, 200 pages
Published February 26th 2020 by Inkubator Books
About the Book:
The perfect laugh out loud romantic comedy.


I knew nothing about this book when I stared reading it, it doesn't even have a blurb. The cover was cartoonish and I saw that it was a romantic comedy so of course I wanted to read it. I'v read so many thrillers and this was such a refreshing change of pace. Not too cloying or sentimental, it was the perfect salve.

I enjoyed this cute story about Annie and this is truly a feel good story about a teacher who finds her voice and learns to follow her heart and find strength in the decisions she makes to improve her life, and that of her students, for the better. I found Lara Golden’s writing to be witty, funny, relatable and hopeful. I found her words easy to read, the story well paced, characters lovable and a feel good story with a feel good conclusion.

There are many serious topics in this story, addiction, bullying and sexuality to name a few...yet it didn't feel too heavy or preachy. I recommend this women’s literature for a touching story with fun and lovable characters.

Thank you NetGalley, Lara Golden and Inkubator Books for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#ItStartedwithaMiss #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman