Honeymoon Alone by Nicole Macaulay


☆☆1/2
ebook, 312 pages
Published December 3rd 2019 by BooksGoSocial
About the Book:
When irrepressibly romantic Lucy Gray is ditched at said wedding by her date in front of her whole family, the promises of a psychic seem better than her pity-riddled reality. The psychic's advice seems insightful: stop ignoring fate's signs - fate will lead you to love. But when "fate" leads Lucy to London, she finds herself tangled in a web of lies. In a story about finding independence and taking chances, Lucy learns that leaving everything up to fate can be dangerous - and jeopardize her chances at happily ever after.


The way this book ended was such a bummer as I was enjoying the first 75% of it. What stared out as a quirky romance, with a kind of love triangle thrown in, turned into a mad-cap caper. So the rating is a little hard for me as it was like a bad Lifetime Movie or something. Such a shame as it could have been a sweet book for the holidays and had so much potential.

I did enjoy the meet cute and the adventures Lucy went on in England and France. I still had a lot of fun reading this, and it’s as quick and easy of a read as many other adult romances. While I didn’t find that I loved it, I did truly enjoy it. This was a good book to break up a lot of back to back thriller reads and I would recommend it if the premise sounds fun to you.

Thank you NetGalley, Nicole Macaulay, and BooksGoSocial for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#HoneymoonAlone #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa