A Hope For Emily by Kate Hewitt


☆☆☆☆
Kindle Edition, 303 pages
Expected publication: February 20th 2020 by Bookouture
About the Book:
Looking back, I wish I could find my way back to that moment. I’d snatch it and hold onto it and live in it for the rest of my life, if I could. When Emily could still throw her arms around me. Oh God, just give me that moment, or one like it again. That’s all I want. From the moment Emily was born, reaching out with her tiny little star-shaped hand towards her mother, blinking with long eyelashes over soft blue eyes, she became Rachel’s whole world. But Rachel’s worst nightmare comes true when a rare auto-immune illness leaves four-year-old Emily in a coma the doctors say she may never come out of. And Rachel has to make a heartbreaking decision – one that her ex-husband, Emily’s dad James, doesn’t agree with. Terrified she’s going to lose her daughter for good, Rachel knows she must find a way to keep the hope alive for Emily. But there is only one person she can turn to for help to convince James––and it’s his new wife, Eva. As an unlikely but powerful friendship develops between the two women, both Rachel and Eva will have to ask themselves––what is truly the right choice for the tiny, fragile little girl who lies between them?


This book was so heart wrenching. As a mother whose child was very ill, when he was small, this book gave me all the feels. (Thank goodness my boy is a full grown, healthy adult now!) This story just grips you right from the start. I had a really hard time putting it down and found myself reading well into the night. I was so into the plot and the characters I found myself wanting to strangle James, cry for Emily and rejoice for Eva...and poor Rachael, I felt for her the most.

Kate Hewitt never stops amazing me. I first fell in love with Hewitt’s writing style with her book, This Fragile Life, and the gift she has of pulling you into a deep emotional story that will pull on your heartstrings. It is such a tall order when a synopsis boasts a story perfect for fans by such well known authors as Jodi Picoult and Diane Chamberlain and I must say Kate Hewitt really lives up to the hype set forth in the synopsis. Hewitt writes with such raw emotion and realism that will leave you in tears. Yes, I did cry because A Hope For Emily is such a tender, thought provoking and emotional look into family, relationships and what it means to be a mother.

Thank you NetGalley, Kate Hewitt and Bookouture for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an impartial review; all opinions are my own.

#AHopeForEmily #NetGalley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must Love Books by Shauna Robinson

The Daughter's Tale by Armando Lucas Correa

The Disappearing Act by Catherine Steadman